Sponsor a family!
We believe that families are the foundations of society. Especially poor HIV-affected families need extra help to earn money and to take care of their health. The stigma they face is huge and complicates their situation to find a job. Encourage independency is the main focus of our help.
How much do you pay?
As a sponsor you pay $30 per month for the care of your sponsorfamily. This money will be used entirely for the family that you support.
What do I pay for?
If you sponsor a family you are paying for:
- Their basic needs as food and drinks*
- Transportation costs to visit a doctor/hospital
- Help with applications for government welfare support
- Regular home visits to provide moral support and to monitor their situation
- Community activities such as information sessions and Christmas celebrations
- Contact with peers
*When a family’s situation improves, our help is adjusted accordingly. We do not need to give them basic needs when they can take care of food and nutrition themselves.
Only families who really need help, are able to join our support program. Our staff connects with a new family before we start supporting them. We screen their income, health and family composition, among other things.